CHAUTAUQUA COUNTY SOIL & WATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
Chautauqua County Fair, Dunkirk, NY 14048
District Board of Directors' Regular Meeting
July 28, 2000
I. MEETING CALLED TO ORDER: 10:10 A.M.
Robert Thompson - Co-Chair Debra Kelley - Secretary
Leon Beightol - Treasurer David Wilson - Manager
Fred Croscut - Director JoAnn Kurtis - RC&D Coordinator
Robert Anderson - Director
II. MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING:
MOTION by Beightol seconded by Anderson to approve the minutes of the June meeting.Carried.
MOTION by Croscut seconded by Beightol to accept the Treasurer's report and pay current bills. Carried.
A. The following bills were approved for payment:
IV. CORRESPONDENCE - None
A. Other Agencies
D. District Conservationist - Not Present
EB. District Field Manager - David Wilson
1. Chautauqua County Fair - We have a Display in Floral Hall on Conservation. The Display Board in the background belongs to FSA.
2. Summer Workload - As soon as the Fair is over we will be moving back out side. We have a creek job in Findley Lake that we are working on along with several ponds and other projects.
3. Personnel - We are still working on hiring a Water Quality Technician. We have to create a new position and we are working on it.
4. Gas Line - I have been out looking at the gas line going through the County, but the contractor has not even started the job at this point.
F. District Secretary
1. Koi, Bass & Walleye -I have completed the Koi and Bass Stocking for this year. I am now taking orders for Walleye.
District Minutes Page 2.
VI. OLD BUSINESS - none
VII.NEW BUSINESS - none
VIII. RC&D - JoAnn
A. Matlink - Through RC&D Matlinks have applied for a $250,000 Grant for a Methane Digester Project. This Grant was approved and we are now waiting for the contracts to be signed and then we are going to start the educational components for this grant.
B. See Attached Report.
IX. WATER QUALITY
X. COOPERATORS - none
XI. NEXT MEETING - Thursday, August 24, 2000, 1:15 P.M. at the Frank W. Bratt Ag Center
MOTION by Beightol seconded by Croscut to adjourn at 11:30 P.M. Carried!
Debra A. Kelley
David J. Sturges