CHAUTAUQUA COUNTY SOIL & WATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
Frank W. Bratt Ag Center, Jamestown, NY 14701
District Board of Directors' Regular Meeting
June 22, 2000
I. MEETING CALLED TO ORDER: 1:00 P.M.
David Sturges - Chairman Debra Kelley - Secretary
Fred Croscut - Director David Wilson - Manager
Bob Thompson - Co-Chair
II. MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING:
MOTION by Croscut seconded by Thompson to approve the minutes of the May meeting.Carried.
MOTION by Thompson seconded by Croscut to accept the Treasurer's report and pay current bills. Carried.
A. The following bills were approved for payment:
A. Letter from the Chautauqua Watershed Conservancy, Inc. They are looking for donation to help them meet their share of a matching grant from the Northern Chautauqua Community Foundation.
B. Legislation: On Indemnification. See Attachment.
C. Division Directors Meeting held on June 7,2000 at Moonwinks Restaurant in Cuba, NY. All divisions were represented at the meeting. No Division Director was elected at the meeting. All of the Divisions agreed to check with their board members to see if any other director may be interested in the position.
A. Other Agencies
1. Budget - The budget was presented to the board of directors for review and approval. MOTION by Croscut seconded by Thompson to approve the budget as presented. Carried!
A. New position in the Chautauqua County SWCD. The position would be for a Water Quality Technician. The job description has been sent to the County Personnel Office for review. MOTION by Croscut seconded by Thompson for Dave to continue working with the County Personnel Director to establish the new position. Carried!
District Minutes Page 2.
B. David Wilson - asked for a pay grade increase effective 1/1/01. MOTION by Thompson seconded by Croscut to give David Wilson a pay grade increase to start on January 1, 2001. Carried!
D. District Conservationist - Rob Halbohm, DC
1. See Attached Report: MOTION by Croscut seconded by Thompson to accept the District Conservationist report as presented. Carried!
EB. District Field Manager - David Wilson
1. Chautauqua County Fair - We are starting to get ready for the Fair. It will start July 24, 2000 and run through July 30, 2000. We will have a booth in Floral Hall as well as our Agricultural Tent this year.
2. Summer Workload - We have a heavy summer workload this year. We have already put in a lot of tile and have done several pond site evaluations.
F. District Secretary
1. Koi & Bass - I am done with Koi we had 25 orders for a total of 120 fish sold. Bass delivery is scheduled for July 12, 2000
2. B.B.D. Certificate will mature on July 16, 2000 - MOTION by Croscut seconded by Thompson to check on interest rates and reinvest it at the best rate. Carried!
3. Cell Phone - MOTION by Croscut seconded by Thompson to get a second cell phone for the district.
VI. OLD BUSINESS
A. Review Policies - Policies were reviewed by the board. MOTION by Croscut seconded by Thompson to accept the Policies as presented. Carried!
A. NACD Northeastern Regional Meeting - Will be held August 6-9, 2000 in South Portland, Main.
B. Jay back to work - MOTION by Thompson seconded by Croscut to have Jay start the summer season around the middle of July. Carried!
IX. WATER QUALITY
X. COOPERATORS - none
XI. NEXT MEETING - Friday, July 28, 2000, 1:00 P.M. at the Chautauqua County Fair Grounds - SWCD Ag Tent.
District Minutes Page 3.
MOTION by Thompson seconded by Croscut to adjourn at 1:40 P.M. Carried!
Debra A. Kelley
David J. Sturges