CHAUTAUQUA COUNTY SOIL & WATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
Frank W. Bratt Ag center, Jamestown, NY 14701
District Board of Directors' Regular Meeting
October 25, 2001
I. Meeting Called to Order: 1:00 P.M.
David Sturges - Chairman Debra Kelley - Secretary
Leon Beightol - Treasurer David Wilson - Field Manager
Fred Croscut - Director Rob Halbohm - NRCS
Bob Anderson - Director JoAnn Kurtis - RC&D Seneca Trail
II. Minutes of The Previous Meeting:
MOTION by Anderson seconded by Beightol to approve the minutes of the September meeting.Carried.
MOTION by Anderson seconded by Croscut to accept the Treasurer's report and pay current bills. Carried.
A. The following bills were approved for payment:
A. Visit The Farm Day Thank You Letter, expressed thanks for a great time and a very enjoyable day.
B. USDA - NRCS, American Customer Satisfaction Index - This index gave NRCS and the Districts a 81% rating.
A. Other Agencies-none
B. Committees - none
D. District Conservationist
1. NRCS Staffing - Art Schaub, Soil Conservationist, has left NRCS to do work in the private sector. At this time I do not know if he will be replaced.
2. GLCI - was not funded for this year, so Larry Brown will not be working on this project.
3. Construction List for 2002 - EQIP will have about 18 construction projects, 7 projects for AEM and 7 for WRP.
E District Field Manager - David Wilson
1. Building - We have met with the county and we need a few revisions on the plans, so we are working on this.
2. District Trucks -MOTION by Beightol seconded by Croscut to trade both District Trucks, F-150 for $3,023 and the F-350 for $1,276 from Ed Shults Chevrolet. Carried!
3. Fall Work Load - We are working on Dry-Hydrants, laying out tile lines and we are still doing some hydro-seeding.
4. Jay Gould - was injured on October 23, 2001. He broke his leg when he got pinned between a fence and the backhoe that was digging.
District Minutes Page 2.
F. District Secretary
1. Bryan - Conservation Skills Workshop expenses: MOTION by Anderson seconded by Beightol to approve the payment of reimbursement expenses. Carried!
2. Hydro-Seeder Profit - Gross Income was $19,950, Expenses were $6,607, Net Profit $13,343.
VI. Old Business
A. 2000 Cooperator of the Year - MOTION by Croscut seconded by Anderson to name Mike and Judy Meredith as 2000 Cooperator of the year. Carried!
B. Personnel Appraisals - Tabled
C. NYACD Annual Meeting - October 28 - 30, 2001 at the Four Points Sheraton, Buffalo Airport, Buffalo, NY.
D. Joint Annual Banquet - November 29, 2001, Cassadaga American Legion. Motion by Beightol seconded by Croscut to approve Staff, Directors, spouses, and guest to attend and pay for meals. Carried!
A. Chautauqua County Agricultural Summit - Motion by Croscut seconded by Anderson for Directors and staff to attend the summit and pay the registration fee. Carried!
B. Cattaraugus County SWCD Annual Awards Banquet - MOTION by Beightol seconded by Anderson for Directors and Employees to attend the Luncheon and pay for the meals. Carried!
VIII. RC&D - JoAnn Kurtis
A. Matlinks Digester - Construction is complete and they started filling it on September 21 2001. The temperature is up to 80 or 90° and they hope to have the covers on by next week.
B. Growing Together - The student start trees from seeds. I do this program in Chautauqua, Cattaraugus, and Allegany Counties.
IX. Water Quality
X. Cooperators none
XI. Next Meeting - Thursday, December 13, 2001, 1:00 P.M. at the Frank Bratt Ag Center, Jamestown, NY
MOTION by Beightol seconded by Croscut to adjourn at 3:00 P.M. Carried!
Debra A. Kelley David J. Sturges