CHAUTAUQUA COUNTY SOIL & WATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
Frank W. Bratt Ag Center, Jamestown, NY 14701
District Board of Directors' Regular Meeting
August 29, 2002
I. MEETING CALLED TO ORDER: 1:00 A.M.
David Sturges - Chairman Debra Kelley - Secretary
Leon Beightol - Treasurer David Wilson - Manager
Fred Croscut - Director
II. MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING:
MOTION by Beightol seconded by Croscut to approve the minutes of the July meeting.Carried.
MOTION by Croscut seconded by Beightol to accept the Treasurer's report and pay current bills. Carried.
A. The following bills were approved for payment:
B. Account Transfers - MOTION by Croscut seconded by Beightol to move $10,000 from the Computer Equipment Account to the Truck Equipment Account for the purchase of new machinery. Carried!
A. Thank You from Margo Vento, Sinclairville Pre-K for allowing her summer class to visit our Ag Awareness Tent at the Chautauqua County Fair.
A. Other Agencies
B. Committees - none
D. District Conservationist - Rob Halbohm
1. FSA Plan - MOTION by Croscut seconded by Beightol to approve the FSA Plan for David Lesch. Carried!
E District Field Manager - David Wilson
1. Building - the structure is complete, we are waiting for the doors to get here. We still need to get the permit for the electric. The County will help us with the wiring for electric when we get the approved drawing.
2. Ag Day at Nickerson Farms - This will be the 4th Annual and it will be held on September 5, 2002. We will be taking the cow and also setting up a display.
3. Personnel - Bryan Mentley tardiness and time keeping was discussed
4. Vineyard No-Till Drill- MOTION by Beightol seconded by Croscut to purchase a new Tye No-till Vineyard Drill for $7,700.00 from Wiggers Farm Equipment in Corry, PA. Carried!
District Minutes Page 2.
5. Aerator - MOTION by Croscut seconded by Beightol to purchase a Aerator for no more than $2,000. The make and model will be decided by David Wilson. Carried!
F. District Secretary
1. Channel Catfish - The catfish program is completed and we sold a total of 1,800 catfish, with a net profit of $1,208.39.
2. Administrative Training - Utica, October 2 & 3, 2002. MOTION by Beightol seconded by Croscut to approve the Training and travel for Debra Kelley and to reimburse her for her expenses.
VI. OLD BUSINESS
A. Dewey Pit - The earthen pit is completed and has been signed-off on. We are now working on the concrete and the pit for the pump.
B. 2002 NYS GIS Annual Conference - October 10 & 11, 2002, The district will not attend this conference.
C. Ag Tour - August 17, 2002, we did not get the turn out that we would have like for the tour. Rob did a great job organizing it and he had a lot of good sites to visit.
A. NYACD Annual Meeting - October 27-29, 2002 in Auburn, NY. MOTION by Beightol seconded by Croscut for directors and staff to attend the meeting and reimburse them for expenses. Carried!
B. NYACD Division I Meeting - September 26, 2002 in Yorkshire, NY. MOTION by Croscut seconded by Beightol for staff & directors to attend and reimburse them for expenses. Carried!
C. 2001 Cooperator of the Year - Tabled
D. 2002 Conservation Skills Workshop - October 7 - 11, 2002 in Cortland, NY. MOTION by Croscut seconded by Beightol for staff to attend the meeting and reimburse them for expenses. Carried!
E. Farmland Protection - There will be a meeting on August 30, 2002 at 11:00 AM in Mayville.
IX. WATER QUALITY
X. COOPERATORS - none
XI. NEXT MEETING - Thursday, September 26, 2002, 1:00 P.M. at the Frank Bratt Ag Center, Jamestown, NY
XII.Meeting Adjourned - MOTION by Croscut seconded by Beightol to adjourn at 2:15 P.M. Carried!
Debra A. Kelley David J. Sturges