CHAUTAUQUA COUNTY SOIL & WATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
Frank W. Bratt Ag Center, Jamestown, NY 14701
District Board of Directors' Regular Meeting
September 26, 2002
I. MEETING CALLED TO ORDER: 1:15 P.M.
David Sturges - Chairman Debra Kelley - Secretary
Leon Beightol - Treasurer David Wilson - Manager
Fred Croscut - Director Bob Anderson - Director
II. MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING:
MOTION by Croscut seconded by Anderson to approve the minutes of the August meeting.Carried.
MOTION by Anderson seconded by Beightol to accept the Treasurer's report and pay current bills. Carried.
A. The following bills were approved for payment:
IV. CORRESPONDENCE - None
A. Other Agencies
B. Committees - none
D. District Conservationist - Rob Halbohm
1. CRP Plans - MOTION by Croscut seconded by Anderson to approve the CRP Plan for Scott Aikens. Carried!
2. SEE THE ATTACHED REPORT:
E District Field Manager - David Wilson
1. Building - The building is coming along nicely. The county came up and removed the curbing on the edge of the parking lot for me. The county electricians are here to do the wiring. The doors are up and I feel good about the project.
2. Fall Work Load - We are still working on the Dewey Pit. We have drainage and mulching left to do this fall.
3. Dry Hydrants - We are looking at putting in some dry hydrants around the county. I made a presentation to the Fire Chiefs last night. I took a map with all of the dry hydrants marked on it.
4. Grass Carp - We are working on Grass Carp Applications. We still have some ponds to look at.
F. District Secretary
1. Trout - Delivery is set up for October 2nd and we have sold around 1,400 trout this year
District Minutes Page 2.
VI. OLD BUSINESS
A. Dewey Pit - The manure pit itself is completed and now we are pouring cement for the pump pit.
B. Aerator & Vineyard Drill - are both on order. The Aerator is a LandPride, three point hitch and 5' wide. I ordered the aerator from Larry Romance. The vineyard no-till drill I ordered from Wiggers in Corry, PA, the same place that we got our field drill.
C. 2001 Co-operator of the year - tabled
A. Joint Annual Banquet - Will be held on December 2 or 3 this year, more information to follow.
The County Committee had a meeting on September 24th, but we do not have a report at this time.
IX. WATER QUALITY
1. Findley Lake - The WQTF is working on a Stream Bank stabilization project (Rock Job) in French Creek.
X. COOPERATORS - none
XI. NEXT MEETING - Thursday, October 24, 2002, 1:00 P.M. at the Frank Bratt Ag Center, Jamestown, NY
XII.Meeting Adjourned - MOTION by Croscut seconded by Beightol to adjourn at 2:30 P.M. Carried!
Debra A. Kelley David J. Sturges