CHAUTAUQUA COUNTY SOIL & WATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
Frank W. Bratt Ag Center, Jamestown, NY 14701
District Board of Directors' Regular Meeting
August 28, 2003
I. Meeting Called to Order: 1:10 P.M.
David Sturges - Chairman Debra Kelley - Secretary
Fred Croscut - Member David Wilson - Field Manager
Robert Thompson - Vice-Chair
Leon Beightol - Treasurer
II. Minutes of The Previous Meeting:
MOTION by Croscut seconded by Beightol to approve the minutes of the July meeting.Carried.
MOTION by Beightol seconded by Thompson to accept the Treasurer's report and pay current bills. Carried.
A. The following bills were approved for payment:
A. Thank you letter from Brenda Carlson of Roundup For Family Unity, which was held August 9, 2003 downtown Jamestown.
A. Other Agencies - none
1. NYACD Division Directors Meeting - Fred Croscut, The meeting was held 8/26/03 in Yorkshire, NY. David Wilson, David Sturges and myself attended the meeting. Elections were held for the Division Chairman, I did not seek re-election, Brad Rodgers is the new chairman.
C. District Conservationist
1. EQIP Update - See Attached Report for funded projects
D District Field Manager - David Wilson
1. Hydro-Seeding - Randolph Highway Dept. had us seed an old gravel pit so they could reclaim it. We are getting request to seed on a regular basis.
2. Building - The driveways to the building are done, the cement is finished and sealed and the blacktop has been repaired.
3. Grass Carp - We have 40 - 50 pond evaluations to do yet this Summer/Fall.
4. Tile Drainage - We have 4 people to layout tile for this fall.
5. No-Till Drills - Both have been out and are being used this summer.
District Minutes Page 2.
E. District Secretary - Debra Kelley
1. SARA Grant - The District has been awarded a NYS Archives Grant for $9,741. This grant is to be used to preserve our 1938 aerial photos.
VI. Old Business
A. Personnel Appraisals - Tabled
B. Ag Center Building Lease - As of August 31, 2003 USDA will stop paying their rent until all noted repairs have been completed at the Ag Center.
C. 2002 Cooperator of the Year - Tabled
A. 2003 Administrative Training Session -October 1-2, 2003 in Canandaigua, NY MOTION by Croscut seconded by Beightol to allow Debbie to attend the training session and reimburse her for expenses. Carried!
B. 2003 NYACD Annual Meeting - October 26 - 28, 2003 in Corning, NY. MOTION by Croscut seconded by Beightol to allow Directors & Staff to attend the annual meeting and reimburse them for expenses. Carried!
A. Timber Bridges - Chautauqua County will be getting one timber bridge in the County. It is for the Rails-To-Trails walk way in the Mayville area.
IX. Water Quality
X. Cooperators - None
XI. Next Meeting - Thursday, September 25, 2003, 1:00 P.M. at the Frank W. Bratt Ag Center, Jamestown, NY
MOTION by Croscut seconded by Thompson to adjourn at 1:45 P.M. Carried!
Debra A. Kelley David J. Sturges