CHAUTAUQUA COUNTY SOIL & WATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
Frank W. Bratt Ag Center, Jamestown, NY 14701
District Board of Directors' Regular Meeting
March 27, 2003
I. Meeting Called to Order: 1:15 P.M.
David Sturges - Chairman Debra Kelley - Secretary
Robert Anderson - Member David Wilson - Field Manager
Bob Thompson - Vice-Chair
Fred Croscut - Member
II. Minutes of The Previous Meeting:
MOTION by Croscut seconded by Anderson to approve the minutes of the February meeting.Carried.
MOTION by Croscut seconded by Thompson to accept the Treasurer's report and pay current bills. Carried.
A. The following bills were approved for payment:
A. A Thank You Letter from Washington Middle School to David Wilson for his presentation on February 27, 2003.
B. Memo from the Chautauqua County Legislature, Regarding Legislative Policy on Grant Applications filed by County Departments and Agencies.
C. Letter from the New York State Retirement System, on the future out look for the plan.
D. Announcement from NYSERDA - Innovations in Agriculture: Energy-Efficient Farm Waste Management.
E. NACD Northeast Regional Meeting - Will be held August 10 - 12, 2003 in Shepherdstown, WV.
A. Other Agencies - none
B. Committees - none
C. District Conservationist
See Attached Written Report
E District Field Manager - David Wilson
1. Trees & Shrubs - Trees and Shrubs are way down from last year.
2. Envirothon - Will be held May 2, 2003 at Cockaigne Ski Center in Cherry Creek, NY. We held a workshop at JCC on February 28,2003. We had an excellent turn out.
3. Farm & Garden Show - Was held at the Chautauqua Mall on March 21 - 23, 2003. We were by the food court and we had a good turn out.
District Minutes Page 2.
District Field Manager (cont.)
4. District Truck F-450 - We have the truck back from Valley Fab they have finished the bed and it looks nice.
F. District Secretary - Debra Kelley
1. Soil Stewardship Sunday - will be observed on April 27, 2003 at the United Methodist Church, Cherry Creek, NY.
2. Web Site Update - MOTION by Croscut seconded by Anderson to purchase new software to update the District Web Site at a cost of $807.74. Carried!
VI. Old Business
A. Personnel Appraisals - Tabled
B. NACD - Pay National Dues - Tabled
A. Used District Pickup - MOTION by Thompson seconded by Croscut to purchase the 1990 Ford Ranger from B&S Auto Sales. Carried!
B. Letter of Support - MOTION by Croscut seconded by Anderson to write a letter of support to Bill Parment in support of the needed repairs to update the Frank W. Bratt Ag Center. If and when Chaut. Co. Coop-Ext asks for the State Member Item Money for the needed repairs. Carried!
IX. Water Quality
A. Watershed Signs - The WQTF has approved the expenditure of $1,000 to purchase sign to mark the Chautauqua Lake Watershed
A. Cancellation - Richard O’Dell, Town of Ripley
XI. Next Meeting - Thursday, May 8, 2003, 1:00 P.M. at the Frank Bratt Ag Center, Jamestown, NY.
MOTION by Croscut seconded by Anderson to adjourn at 1:50 P.M. Carried!
Debra A. Kelley David J. Sturges