CHAUTAUQUA COUNTY SOIL & WATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
Frank W. Bratt Ag Center, Jamestown, NY 14701
District Board of Directors' Regular Meeting
March 26, 2004
I. Meeting Called to Order: 1:00 P.M.
David Sturges - Chairman Debra Kelley - Secretary
Leon Beightol - Treasurer David Wilson - Field Manager
Bob Thompson - Vice-Chair
II. Minutes of The Previous Meeting:
MOTION by Croscut seconded by Beightol to approve the minutes of the February meeting.Carried.
MOTION by Croscut seconded by Beightol to accept the Treasurer's report and pay current bills. Carried.
A. The following bills were approved for payment:
A. Farm, Garden & Recreational Expo - Thank you for participating
A. Other Agencies-none
C.District Conservationist - Rob Halbohm
1. See Attached
D. District Field Manager - David Wilson
1. Trees & Shrubs - We have 336 orders, this is better than last year.
2. Envirothon - We have 14 schools and 26 teams attending this year. Forestville and Sherman are new schools this year.
3. Legislative Day - will be Monday and Tuesday, March 29 & 30 in Albany. Jay will be going with me this year.
4. Grape Expo - at SUNY Fredonia, I attended and took tree books and vineyard drill information.
5. Water Quality Symposium - was held March 9 - 12 at Saratoga Springs, NY, Myself, Bob Thompson and Deb attended.
6. Barley Straw - we are assembling barley straw kits for people to put in their pond for algea control.
E. District Secretary - Debra Kelley
1. Soil Stewardship Sunday - Will be observed on April 25, 2004, at the First Congregational Church, Jamestown, NY.
VI. Old Business
A. Review Policies - Tabled
B. NYSACD - Pay Dues - Tabled
C. NACD - Pay Dues - Tabled
D. Contract with the County - The District has received our first quarter appropriation and I have billed for the second quarter.
District Minutes Page 2.
A. New Phone System - We have a new phone, it is all automated, you will not get a receptionist.
B. 2004 Northeast Regional Conference - will be held in Burlington, VT, August 1 - 4, 2004.
C. RFP - Round X Ag Non-point Source Grant - we have received official notice of grant awards. We have been awarded a grant to do Bunk Silo Leachate Management projects in Conewango Creek Watershed in the amount of $261,198.
IX. Water Quality
A. Souther Tier West - Great Valley, Erosion & Sediment Control Meeting, April 30, 2004
X. Cooperators none
XI. Next Meeting - Thursday, April 22, 2004, 1:00 P.M. at the Frank Bratt Ag Center, Jamestown, NY
MOTION by Beightol seconded by Croscut to adjourn at 2:00 P.M. Carried!
Debra A. Kelley David J. Sturges