CHAUTAUQUA COUNTY SOIL & WATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
Frank W. Bratt Ag Center, Jamestown, NY 14701
District Board of Directors' Regular Meeting
May 27, 2004
I. Meeting Called to Order: 1:00 P.M.
David Sturges - Chairman Debra Kelley - Secretary
Leon Beightol - Treasurer David Wilson - Field Manager
Robert Anderson - Member
II. Minutes of The Previous Meeting:
MOTION by Beightol seconded by Anderson to approve the minutes of the April meeting.Carried.
MOTION by Anderson seconded by Beightol to accept the Treasurer's report and pay current bills. Carried.
A. The following bills were approved for payment:
B.I have refunds to make for Trees & Shrubs to Richard McCutcheon, Roy Stewart, Ralph Loucha & Deborah Faust
A. letter from the State Comptroller, regarding the NYS Retirement Plan.
B. Thank you from Becky Nystrom & Jan Bowman for our participation in Earthfest 2004 at Jamestown Community College.
C. A letter from Assemblywoman Cathy Young, thanking Dave for his visit to Albany to meet with her.
A. Other Agencies-None
B. Committees - None
C.District Conservationist - Rob Halbohm
D. District Field Manager - David Wilson
1. Trees & Shrubs - we have completed this program for 2004, the District made about $15,000 on this program.
2. Envirothon - was held May 7th at the Roger Tory Peterson Institute. Maple Grove took first place, Southwestern was in second place and Hewes Ashville BOCES took third place.
3. Conservation Field Days - was held May 25 & 26 at Long Point State Park. The District had two stations at the event.
4. Springville Dairy Days - is June 4 & 5 in Springville, NY, they will pay us $100 for two days.
E. District Secretary - Debra Kelley
1. Grass Carp - We sold 314 carp to 58 pond owners for a profit of $1,500.
2. Koi - I am taking orders for koi so far I have sold 31.
VI. Old Business
A. Review Policies - Tabled
District Minutes Page 2.
A. SWCD Funds - MOTION by Beightol seconded by Anderson to transfer $10,500 from the Computer Equipment Account to the General Checking to pay the current bills. Carried!
IX. Water Quality
X. Cooperators none
XI. Next Meeting - Thursday, June 28, 2004, 1:00 P.M. at the Frank Bratt Ag Center, Jamestown, NY
MOTION by Anderson seconded by Beightol to adjourn at 2:45 P.M. Carried!
Debra A. Kelley David J. Sturges