CHAUTAUQUA COUNTY SOIL & WATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
Frank W. Bratt Ag Center, Jamestown, NY 14701
District Board of Directors' Regular Meeting
November 18, 2004
I. Meeting Called to Order: 1:00 P.M.
David Sturges - Chairman Debra Kelley - Secretary
Leon Beightol - Treasurer Jay Gould - SWCD Technician
Fred Croscut - Member
II. Minutes of The Previous Meeting:
MOTION by Beightol seconded by Croscut to approve the minutes of the October meeting.Carried.
MOTION by Croscut seconded by Beightol to accept the Treasurer's report and pay current bills. Carried.
A. The following bills were approved for payment:
IV. Correspondence: None
A. Other Agencies-None
B. Committees - None
C.District Conservationist - Rob Halbohm
1. Program Status - sign-ups for programs will take place during the winter months this year, which is a change from past years when they were in the spring.
D. District Field Manager - reported by Deb Kelley
1. Agland Assessment - We have started the Agland assessment program. We are now scheduling appointments to do the soil group worksheets.
2. District Truck -The bids are in for the pickup and Webster Ford, from out by Rochester, was the low bidder. It will cost the District $3,192 to trade pickups this year. MOTION by Beightol seconded by Croscut for the District to trade pickups. Carried!
E. District Secretary - reported by Dave Wilson
1. NYS Archives Grant - I am writing for a grant to develop a web page for the District. We are asking for $14,948.
2. Directors Expenses - I would like to remind the Directors to submit any additional meetings and expenses to me so I can have their expense reports ready for them to look over and sign at the next meeting.
VI. Old Business
A. District Finances & Budget - Right now it looks like we will get the same amount as last year. Dave Wilson will call the IDA and ask them to have our contract ready for us as soon as possible.
District Minutes Page 2.
Old business cont.
B. Health Insurance -Dave Wilson is already signed up for Independent Health. I will have the retirees signed up by the end of the month.
C. Joint Annual Banquet - Will be held December 2, 2004 at the Cassadaga Legion, Jan Bowman will be the speaker this year. MOTION by Beightol seconded by Croscut to attend the Joint Annual Banquet and pay for the Farmer of the Year, Teacher of the Year, staff and directors only. Carried!
A. Appointments to the Board - MOTION by Beightol seconded by Croscut to submit the letters asking for the Legislative Appointments and also for the Member at Large Appointment. Carried!
B. Jay Gould - MOTION by Croscut seconded by Beightol to end the seasonal appointment for Jay Gould effective 10/31/04. Carried!
C. Member Item Grant from Pat McGee - We have received an acceptance letter from Pat McGee for our request for funding to purchase a tractor, trailer and brush hog.
IX. Water Quality
X. Cooperators none
XI. Next Meeting - Thursday, December 16, 2004, 12:00 P.M. at the Frank W Bratt Ag Center, Jamestown, NY
MOTION by Beightol seconded by Croscut to adjourn at 1:45 P.M. Carried!
Debra A. Kelley David J. Sturges