CHAUTAUQUA COUNTY SOIL & WATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
Frank W. Bratt Ag Center, Jamestown, NY 14701
District Board of Directors' Regular Meeting
February 24, 2005
I. Meeting Called to Order: 1:05 P.M.
David Sturges - Chairman Debra Kelley - Secretary
Leon Beightol - Treasurer David Wilson - Field Manager
Bob Thompson - Vice-Chair Annette Hyman - USDA - FSA
Bob Anderson - Director
II. Minutes of The Previous Meeting:
MOTION by Anderson seconded by Thompson to approve the minutes of the December meeting.Carried.
MOTION by Beightol seconded by Anderson to accept the Treasurer's report and pay current bills. Carried.
A. The following bills were approved for payment:
A. Building a Better Future Through Agricultural Initiatives: Will be held March 31, 2005 at Bellinger Hall, Chautauqua Institution. MOTION by Anderson seconded by Beightol for Staff and Directors to attend and pay their expenses. Carried!
A. Other Agencies-none
1. Audit Committee: Reported to the board that they met today and the books are in order. MOTION by Anderson seconded by Beightol to accept the Audit committee’s report.
C. District Conservationist
1. Conservation Plan - MOTION by Thompson seconded by Anderson to approve the Conservation Plan for Brad Wiltsie. Approved!
D District Field Manager - David Wilson
1. Trees & Shrubs - Trees and Shrubs program is underway, we have about 150 orders at this time. I think we are running behind last year.
2. Envirothon - will be held on April 29, 2005 at the Frank Bratt Ag Center. We may have a donation from National Grid for $500.00.
3. Legislative Day - is March 1, 2005, Dave Wilson and Jay Gould will be leaving on February 28 to go to Albany.
4. AEM Grant -: MOTION by Anderson seconded by Thompson to approve the grant proposal and submit it to the State Committee. Carried!
District Minutes Page 2.
E. District Secretary - Debra Kelley
1. Soil Stewardship Sunday - I have not received any information on this yet.
2. Accounts Receivable - I called the Law Department, and talked to Nancy Hoover regarding some unpaid accounts that we have. They will handle this for us and the charge will be 20% of what they collect plus $7.50 for each letter that they write.
VI. Old Business
A. Appointments to the Board - We have not received any appointments to the board at this time.
B. Election of Officers - Tabled
C. Committee Assignments - Tabled
D. Review of Policies - Tabled
E. Review Rental Fees - Tabled
F. Personnel Appraisals - Tabled
G. New York State Association Conservation Districts - Pay State Dues - Tabled
H. Annual Plan of Work - MOTION by Beightol seconded by Thompson to approve the changes to the Annual Plan of Work, List State Grants and Identify Risks. Carried!
A. Contribution Agreements with NRCS - MOTION by Anderson seconded by Beightol to approve the extensions to the agreements. Carried!
IX. Water Quality
X. Cooperators none
XI. Next Meeting - Thursday, March 17, 2005, 1:00 P.M. at the Frank Bratt Ag Center, Jamestown, NY
MOTION by Beightol seconded by Anderson to adjourn at 2:00 P.M. Carried!
Debra A. Kelley David J. Sturges