CHAUTAUQUA COUNTY SOIL & WATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
Frank W. Bratt Ag Center, Jamestown, NY 14701
District Board of Directors' Regular Meeting
December 16, 1999
I. MEETING CALLED TO ORDER: 1:00 P.M.
David Sturges - Chairman
Bob Thompson - Director Debra Kelley - Secretary
Leon Beightol - Director David Wilson - Manager
II. MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING:
MOTION by Thompson seconded by Beightol to approve the minutes of the November meeting.Carried.
MOTION by Thompson seconded by Beightol to accept the Treasurer's report and pay current bills for December. Carried.
A. The following bills were approved for payment:
A. NYS Agricultural Society Annual Meeting - The meeting will be held in Albany on the 6th of January. No one will be attending this meeting from The Chautauqua County Soil & Water Conservation District.
A. Other Agencies
D. District Conservationist - Rob Halbohm, DC
Rob is attending an RC&D Meeting today so he will not be here.
EB. District Field Manager - David Wilson
1. Envirothon - Will be held at the Jamestown Audubon Society on May 12, 2000. We will be working on the donation requests and letters to the Schools.
2. Trees & Shrubs - The booklets have been sent to the printers to be printed. We have asked them to print 2700 copies for us. This is 200 more than last year. On the order form this year we have asked people if they have internet access, so maybe we can send out order forms over the internet.
3. Ag Land Assessment - We are working on agland assessments. People are calling and making appointments with us to do them.
4. Field Work - We are still doing field work. The weather is cooperating as far as us not getting to much snow. We still have about 10,000 feet of tile to put in on the lake plain if the weather holds out.
F. District Secretary
1. Chautauqua County Municipal Health Insurance - Chautauqua County is adding dental and vision coverage to their plan. They are also going to change administrators from North American Preferred to NOVA. If the Municipal Plan adds dental and vision to their plan it will cost about an additional
District Minutes Page 2.
$40.00 per employee. The Mayors and Supervisors are having a meeting on January 27, 2000 to talk about the changes. I would like to invite Dave Sturges to attend this meeting with me to hear what they have to say.
VI. OLD BUSINESS
A. Appointments to the Board
1. Lewis Rice, Grange Representative - Term Expires 12/31/99. The Grange Master Has been notified regarding the appointment.
2. Legislative Appointments - Letters have been sent asking for our Legislative Appointments.
A. NYS Reimbursement - We received our reimbursement for 1998 in the amount of $16,043.45 and we should receive our reimbursement for 1999 after the first of the year.
B. NYSACD Dues - We received a letter from NYSACD Regarding an increase in our State Dues from $700.00 to $1,200 per year. This will allow them to make the Executive Director full time rather than part time.
C. NACD’s 54th Annual Meeting - Will be held in Colorado Springs, Colorado on 1/30/2000 through 2/3/2000. No attendance from Chautauqua County SWCD.
D. Personnel - Technical Person, we will wait until July to look for an additional Technical Person for the District.
IX. WATER QUALITY
A. Mini-Grants - The Chautauqua County Water Quality Task Force has been approved for Tier III Mini-Grant for a French Creek Streambank Stabilization Project.
X. COOPERATORS - none
XI. NEXT MEETING - Thursday, January 27, 2000, 1:00 P.M. at the Frank W. Bratt Ag Center.
MOTION by Beightol seconded by Thompson to adjourn at 2:10 P.M. Carried!
Debra A. Kelley
David J. Sturges