CHAUTAUQUA COUNTY SOIL & WATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
Frank W. Bratt Ag Center, Jamestown, NY 14701
District Board of Directors' Regular Meeting
August 24, 2000
I. MEETING CALLED TO ORDER: 1:20 P.M.
David Sturges - Chairman Debra Kelley - Secretary
David Wilson - Manager
Fred Croscut - Director
Robert Anderson - Director
II. MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING:
MOTION by Croscut seconded by Anderson to approve the minutes of the July meeting.Carried.
MOTION by Anderson seconded by Croscut to accept the Treasurer's report and pay current bills. Carried.
A. The following bills were approved for payment:
IV. CORRESPONDENCE - None
A. Other Agencies
D. District Conservationist - Report by David Wilson
1. CRP Contracts - 12 CRP Contracts were presented to the Board of Directors. MOTION by Croscut seconded by Anderson to approve the CRP Contracts. Carried!
2. Conewango Swamp - See Attached
EB. District Field Manager - David Wilson
1. Visit The Farm Day - Will be this Saturday, August 26,2000 at Rob Schofield’s Farm on Prospect Road in Westfield. This year it is running in conjunction with the Fredonia Farm Festival.
2. District Truck -The County is getting ready to take bids on new pickup trucks. MOTION by Croscut seconded by Anderson to participate in the County truck bidding. Carried!
3. Dry Hydrants - The Grant for the Fire Chife’s Association for $30,000 from Pat McGee for Dry Hydrants has been approved. The money went to the County and Neil McNeight the Fire Coordinator has put in a resolution for the money to be released. We may be able to star putting in hydrants this fall. I have met with the Fire Chiefs and we have started putting together the program.
District Minutes Page 2.
District Field Manager (cont.)
4. RC&D - JoAnn Kurtis contacted me about helping her with the educational portion of the Matlink Digester Project. The RC&D will pay the District $15.00 per hour to take pictures of the project from start to finish. JoAnn will put together a contract for the district to sign.
5. No-Till Drill - Both seeders are out and working they have been quite busy this year. The use of the No-till Drill has been increasing over the past few years.
F. District Secretary
1. Walleye - We sold $484.00 of fish to 9 pond owners for 2000.
2. Color Laser Printer - The printer needs repairs, the cost of repairs will be around $700.00 or we can purchase an extended warranty for one year for $1,500.00. MOTION by Croscut seconded by Anderson to purchase the extended warranty for one or two years if it would be available. Carried!
VI. OLD BUSINESS
A. Indemnification - See Attached
B. Gas Line - The gas line is set to cross Allen Peterson’s Farm on Saturday.
A. NYACD, Annual Meeting - To be held on October 29 - 31 at Saratoga Springs, NY. MOTION by Croscut seconded by Anderson to approve Staff & Directors to attend and reimburse them for their expenses. Carried!
B. Ag Tent to Catt. Co. - We received a letter from the Cattaraugus County SWCD to lend our Ag Tent Display to them for their Visit The Farm Day to be held on September 23 in Allegany. MOTION by Croscut seconded by Anderson not to let our Ag Tent Display go outside Chautauqua County. Carried!
VIII. RC&D - None
IX. WATER QUALITY - None
A. Edward Kress, Mina Township - MOTION by Anderson seconded by Croscut to accept Edward Kress as a District Cooperator. Carried!
XI. NEXT MEETING - Thursday, September 28, 2000, 1:15 P.M. at the Frank W. Bratt Ag Center
MOTION by Croscut seconded by Anderson to adjourn at 2:10 P.M. Carried!
Debra A. Kelley
David J. Sturges