CHAUTAUQUA COUNTY SOIL & WATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
Chautauqua County Fair-Ag Tent, Dunkirk, NY 14048
District Board of Directors' Regular Meeting
July 26, 2002
I. MEETING CALLED TO ORDER: 10:00 A.M.
David Sturges - Chairman Jay Gould - Technician
Leon Beightol - Treasurer David Wilson - Manager
Fred Croscut - Director
Bob Anderson - Director
II. MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING:
MOTION by Anderson seconded by Beightol to approve the minutes of the June meeting.Carried.
MOTION by Croscut seconded by Beightol to accept the Treasurer's report and pay current bills. Carried.
A. The following bills were approved for payment:
IV. CORRESPONDENCE - none
A. Other Agencies
B. Committees - none
D. District Conservationist - Rob Halbohm
1. Ag & Environmental Tour - See Attached Tour Agenda.
E District Field Manager - David Wilson
1. Building - We have a verbal go ahead on the Building Permit and we have contacted E.E. Austen to let them know that they can proceed.
2. Chautauqua County Fair - Has been very successful again this year. Deb, the staff and volunteers have been here working the Tent, as well as taking turns in the office for the mornings.
3. Channel Catfish - This is the first time we have ever offered Catfish for sale and it has been a great success. We have sold over 1,800 fish.
4. Trailer - MOTION by Croscut seconded by Anderson to purchase a new trailer for the District. Carried!
F. District Secretary
VI. OLD BUSINESS
A. Dewey Pit - We have started getting things ready. Tom Kane is expected to start on August1, 2002. The NYS DOT has hauled 180 ton on 1A stone to the Dewey sit as part of shared services. We will be ordering pipe and road paper on Monday.
District Minutes Page 2.
A. 2002 NYS GIS Annual Conference - October 10 & 11, 2002, in Liverpool, NY - Tabled
IX. WATER QUALITY
Doug and Dana Murphy - Town of Westfield, MOTION by Beightol seconded by Anderson to accept Doug and Dana Murphy as District Cooperators. Carried!
XI. NEXT MEETING - Thursday, August 29, 2002, 1:00 P.M. at the Frank Bratt Ag Center, Jamestown, NY
MOTION by Beightol seconded by Croscut to adjourn at 11:00 A.M. Carried!
Debra A. Kelley
David J. Sturges