CHAUTAUQUA COUNTY SOIL & WATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
Frank W. Bratt Ag Center, Jamestown, NY 14701
District Board of Directors̓ Regular Meeting
December 11, 2003
Meeting Called to Order: 1:10 P.M.
David Sturges - Chairman Debra Kelley - Secretary
Fred Croscut - Member David Wilson - Field Manager
Robert Thompson - Vice-Chair Rob Halbohm — USDA-NRCS
Leon Beightol - Treasurer
Minutes of The Previous Meeting:
MOTION by Croscut seconded by Beightol to approve the minutes of the October meeting with the addition of we will not replace the laser printer at this time. Carried.
Ill Treasurer̓s Report:
MOTION by Croscut seconded by Beightol to accept the Treasurer̓s report and pay current bills.
A. The following bills were approved for payment:
A. Thank you letter to Bryan Mentley from the Cattaraugus County SWCD for helping with the electronics for their Annual Banquet.
B. Thank you letter from the Conewango Creek Association to the District for help with grants for the area.
A. Other Agencies - none
B. Committees - none
C. District Conservationist — Rob Halbohm
1. CRP Signup 26- I have contracts for Mildred Steenburn and Willink Farms these are renewals for contracts that have been in place for a 10 years or so.
2. CRP Continuous Signup — Willink Farms also signup under the Continuous Signup for some stream bank restoration.
3. EQIP — the contract for Steve Kimball and Roger Tenpas are ready for approval. MOTION by Croscut seconded by Thompson to approve the contracts for CRP and EQIP. Carried!
D District Field Manager - David Wilson
1.Envirothon — is underway, January 16 is the review session at Fredonia State and the competition will be the first Friday in May at the Roger Tory Peterson Institute.
2.District Truck — MOTION by Thompson seconded by Croscut to approve the purchase of a District Pickup for $2,370.00. Carried!
3. Tree & Shrub Program — we are working on this program we are offering a lot of District Minutes Page 2.
new things this year. Blue Bird, Bat and Butterfly Houses, also flower bulb and transplant evergreens.
4.Ag Assessment - we have started this program and we are now charging $15.00 per parcel with a maximum of $150.00.
5.Jay Gould — MOTION by Croscut seconded by Beightol to end Jay Gould̓s seasonal term for 2003 as of December 31, 2003. Carried!
E. District Secretary - Debra Kelley
1. Directors Expenses — MOTION by Beightol seconded by Croscut to pay the Directors expenses and perdiem. Carried!
2. Computer Equipment Fund — MOTION by Thompson seconded by Beightol to use the fund in the Computer Equipment Account for ordinary expenses until the County Funds are available at which time the funds in the Computer Equipment Fund will be replaced. Carried!
VI. Old Business
A. Personnel Appraisals - Tabled
B. Ag Center Building Lease — is now completed and good for another five years.
C. 2004 Budget — We received a letter from IDA with our final budget amount of $99,584 for 2004 Budget. We also received papers from the County regarding NYS disability Insurance. They were the wrong papers, so Tom Brace faxed us the proper papers to use.
VII. New Business
A. Appointments To The Board
1. Legislative — Fred Croscut and Bob Anderson
2. Member at Large — Dave Sturges
MOTION by Beightol seconded by Thompson to write the letters of recommendation for the Directors to be reappointed. Carried!
A. Video -The Conservation Naturalist Video is now completed.
IX. Water Quality - None
X. Cooperators -- None
Xl. Next Meeting -- Thursday, January 22, 2004, 1:00 P.M. at the Frank W. Bratt Ag Center, Jamestown, NY
XII. Meeting Adjourned
MOTION by Beightol seconded by Thompson to adjourn at 2:00 P.M. Carried!
Debra A. Kelley David J. Sturges