CHAUTAUQUA COUNTY SOIL & WATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
Frank W. Bratt Ag center, Jamestown, NY 14701
District Board of Directors' Regular Meeting
January 23, 2003
I. Meeting Called to Order: 1:00 P.M.
David Sturges - Chairman Debra Kelley - Secretary
Leon Beightol - Treasurer David Wilson - Field Manager
Bob Thompson - Vice-Chair Rob Halbohm - NRCS
Fred Croscut - Director
II. Minutes of The Previous Meeting:
MOTION by Beightol seconded by Thompson to approve the minutes of the December meeting.Carried.
MOTION by Beightol seconded by Thompson to accept the Treasurer's report and pay current bills. Carried.
A. The following bills were approved for payment:
A. Letter from Anita Cartin, regarding fiscal year 2003 Federal Budget.
A. Other Agencies-none
B. Committees - none
C.State Committee - none
D. District Conservationist - Rob Halbohm
1. Barbara Redlecki - for an AMA contract which was approved in September of 2002. This is for a 51 acres to do grazing work on the lanes and also to set up a watering system.
2. David Lind - Town of Charlotte for a CRP Contract for 7 acres along a stream to do a riparian buffer and fencing.
3. Kevin Spinler - Spinler Farms in the Town of Charlotte, for an FSA Plan. MOTION by Croscut seconded by Beightol to approve all of the plans. Carried!
E District Field Manager - David Wilson
1. Trees & Shrubs - Trees and Shrubs program has started, we have about 26 at this time.
2. AgLand - We have completed 30 parcels this year.
3. Envirothon - We are setting up a workshop for February 28, 2003 at JCC.
4. Building - The building now completed, we have a certificate of occupancy. We have completed the loft area for storage as well.
District Minutes Page 2.
F. District Secretary - Debra Kelley
1. Annual Financial Report to the State Committee and the State Comptroller - The board reviewed the financial report for 2002. MOTION by Thompson seconded by Croscut to approve the report and for Leon to sign it. Carried!
2. Erie County SWCD - The secretary in Erie County has left and Tom Brace asked me to help them out until they can hire another secretary and then to train the new secretary. MOTION by Croscut seconded by Beightol to allow Deb to go to Erie County to help out and to get reimbursed for mileage and should this continue until March we should revisit the situation.
3. Transfer Funds - We need to transfer money from the Computer Equipment account to the General fund to cover ordinary expenses until we get our county appropriations. MOTION by Croscut seconded by Beightol to allow transfers up to $16,000 as needed and when we receive our county appropriations we will return the money to the Computer Equipment Account. Carried!
4. Credit Union - We would like to request to join the Chautauqua Employees’ Associations Federal Credit Union. MOTION by Beightol seconded by Croscut to join the Credit Union and to withhold savings from the employees wages.
VI. Old Business
A. District 2003 Contract with the County - We have not received our contract from the county to date. MOTION by Beightol seconded by Thompson for David Sturges to sign the contract when we receive
it and return it to the Law Dept. Carried!
B. Appointments to the Board - 2003 appointments have been received.
C. French Creek Grant - We have signed the contract for this grant and work is underway.
A. 2003 Water Quality Symposium/Annual Training Session -will be held March 11 - 14, 2003. MOTION by Thompson seconded by Beightol to allow staff and directors to attend the training session and reimburse them for expenses. Carried!
B. Annual Plan of Work- Tabled
C. Long Range Plan of Work - Tabled
D. Election of Officers - MOTION by Thompson seconded by Croscut to re-elect the current officers for 2003. Carried!
E. Committee Assignments - Committee assignments were made by the Chairman. They will remain the same as 2002.
F. Review Policies - Tabled
G. Review Rental Fees - Equipment & Services for 2003 - The Fee schedule was reviewed by the board. MOTION by Croscut seconded by Thompson to accept the schedule with the revisions. Carried!
District Minutes Page 3.
New Business (cont.)
H. Review Pay Prior to Approval List - The Pay Prior to Approval List was reviewed by the board. MOTION by Thompson seconded by Beightol to approve the list as presented to the board. Carried!
I. Personnel Appraisals - Tabled
J. N.Y. State Association Conservation District - Pay Dues - Tabled
K. Personnel - Clerk Part Time, due to the budget cuts this year we are not going to fill the Clerk Part Time Position at this time.
A. Sherman Community Nature Center - Application for Project Measure Nature Center. MOTION by Beightol seconded by Croscut to approve the application to the RC&D for assistance. Carried!
IX. Water Quality
X. Cooperators none
XI. Next Meeting - Thursday, February 27, 2003, 1:00 P.M. at the Frank Bratt Ag Center, Jamestown, NY
MOTION by Croscut seconded by Beightol to adjourn at 2:00 P.M. Carried!
Debra A. Kelley David J. Sturges