CHAUTAUQUA COUNTY SOIL & WATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
Frank W. Bratt Ag Center, Jamestown, NY 14701
District Board of Directors' Regular Meeting
April 22, 2004
I. Meeting Called to Order: 1:00 P.M.
David Sturges - Chairman Debra Kelley - Secretary
Leon Beightol - Treasurer David Wilson - Field Manager
Fred Croscut - Member
II. Minutes of The Previous Meeting:
MOTION by Beightol seconded by Croscut to approve the minutes of the March meeting.Carried.
MOTION by Croscut seconded by Beightol to accept the Treasurer's report and pay current bills. Carried.
A. The following bills were approved for payment:
B.I have refunds to make for Trees & Shrubs to Hugh Wood, John Blesi and Dan Bauman.
IV. Correspondence: None
A. Other Agencies-None
B. Committees - None
C.District Conservationist - Rob Halbohm
1. Rob is in Texas for Concrete Training.
2. EQIP - sign ups are done and Rob will start the ranking process next.
3. AMA - sign ups will be starting.
4. Student Trainee - Ben Reckahn will be interning for the summer with Rob.
D. District Field Manager - David Wilson
1. Trees & Shrubs - We will be having our sale to clean up the leftovers.
2. Envirothon - We have 14 schools and 26 teams attending this year. It will be held on May 7, 2004 at the Roger Tory Peterson Institute.
3. Southern Tier West - Storm Water Trade Show will be held in Great Valley on April 30th. I will be taking the hydro-seeder to the show and do some demonstrations.
4. Arbor Day - We will be participating in Arbor again this year with the 4th grade students, the BOCES Conservation Students and the Ag Class Students will be giving presentations and handing out the trees.
5. Eleanor the Milking Cow - will be helping the elementary students at Jamestown Schools, Ring, Love, Bush and Rogers during the month of May with their after school reading program.
District Minutes Page 2.
E. District Secretary - Debra Kelley
1. Soil Stewardship Sunday - Will be observed on April 25, 2004, at the First Congregational Church, Jamestown, NY. The District will donate trees and milk for the event.
VI. Old Business
A. Review Policies - Tabled
B. NYSACD - Pay Dues - MOTION by Croscut seconded Beightol to pay the state dues in May. Carried!
C. NACD - Pay Dues - MOTION by Croscut seconded Beightol to pay the national dues in July. Carried!
A. Jay Gould - MOTION by Beightol seconded by Croscut for Jay to start work on May 1st through October 31st. Carried!
B. NYACD Division I Meeting - will be held on May 5th in Yorkshire, NY at the Yorkshire Inn. MOTION by Croscut seconded Beightol for directors and staff to attend. Carried!
IX. Water Quality
A. Water Week - is the first week May, we will be having a display and water tasting at the Chautauqua Mall.
X. Cooperators none
XI. Next Meeting - Thursday, May 27, 2004, 1:00 P.M. at the Frank Bratt Ag Center, Jamestown, NY
MOTION by Croscut seconded by Beightol to adjourn at 1:40 P.M. Carried!
Debra A. Kelley David J. Sturges