CHAUTAUQUA COUNTY SOIL & WATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
Frank W. Bratt Ag Center, Jamestown, NY 14701
District Board of Directors' Regular Meeting
December 18, 2004
I. Meeting Called to Order:12:40 P.M.
David Sturges - Chairman Debra Kelley - Secretary
Leon Beightol - Treasurer David Wilson - Field Manager
Fred Croscut - Member Heath Eisele - NRCS
Bob Thompson - Vice-Chairman Bob Anderson - Member
II. Minutes of The Previous Meeting:
MOTION by Anderson seconded by Beightol to approve the minutes of the November meeting.Carried.
MOTION by Croscut seconded by Anderson to accept the Treasurer's report and pay current bills. Carried.
A. The following bills were approved for payment:
IV. Correspondence: None
A. Other Agencies-None
B. Committees - None
1. 2005 Program Due Dates - See attached.
2. CREP Plans - MOTION by Croscut seconded by Beightol to approve the CREP Plans for Matlinks, in Clymer and Ron McNamara, in Villenova. Carried!
D. District Field Manager - David Wilson
1. Agland Assessment - We are working on the Agland assessment program. We have completed about 50 at this point.
2. District Truck -The new truck has been ordered.
3. Tree & Shrub Program - We are putting the book together for the printer. We have added a few new species and also removed some from the book.
4. Envirothon - The Envirothon is now underway, we have a review session scheduled for January 14 at Fredonia State University.
5. Grants - We are working on grants, AEM Strategy Grant will be county wide, Storm water Grant for Highway Departments and Watershed Sign Grant.
E. District Secretary - Debra Kelley
1. Wyoming County SWCD - The Secretary quit in Wyoming County SWCD. The Field Manager called and asked if I could help them out with their finances and training a new Secretary when they hire one. They will pay the same as Erie County SWCD for my services.
District Minutes Page 2.
VI. Old Business
A. District Lake Meeting - Fred would like to thank Dave and Rob for attending the meeting on December 7th and making a presentation at that meeting. Fred also asked Dave & Rob if they would stay involved with the District
A. Contract with Chaut. County - We have not received our contract with the County at this time. We do not understand what the hold up is. We can not get our appropriations for 2005 until we have a contract signed.
B. Contract for Hydro-Seeding - MOTION by Beightol seconded by Croscut to approve the hydro-seeding contract with Chaut. County.
C. Wind Farm and Ag Summit Meetings - Fred had a meeting with Tom Davenport, Andy Dufresne, Don McCord and Eric Huddy regarding a meeting on Wind Farms that will be held in the Brocton/Portland area in late January. We would like to put together an Ag Summit again this year probably in March & April.
IX. Water Quality
A. Presentation to the Legislature - The WQTF will make a presentation to the Legislature in January.
X. Cooperators none
XI. Next Meeting - Thursday, January 27, 2005, 1:00 P.M. at the Frank W Bratt Ag Center, Jamestown, NY
MOTION by Anderson seconded by Croscut to adjourn at 1:30 P.M. Carried!
Debra A. Kelley David J. Sturges