CHAUTAUQUA COUNTY SOIL & WATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
Frank W. Bratt Ag Center, Jamestown, NY 14701
District Board of Directors' Regular Meeting
February 26, 2004
I. Meeting Called to Order: 1:00 P.M.
David Sturges - Chairman Debra Kelley - Secretary
Leon Beightol - Treasurer David Wilson - Field Manager
Bob Thompson - Vice-Chair
II. Minutes of The Previous Meeting:
MOTION by Beightol seconded by Thompson to approve the minutes of the January meeting.Carried.
MOTION by Thompson seconded by Beightol to accept the Treasurer's report and pay current bills. Carried.
A. The following bills were approved for payment:
IV. Correspondence: none
A. Other Agencies-none
1. Audit Committee - Met 2/26/04 See Attached Report. MOTION by Beightol seconded by Thompson to accept the Audit Committees Report. Carried!
C.District Conservationist - Rob Halbohm
1. See Attached
D. District Field Manager - David Wilson
1. Trees & Shrubs - Tree and Shrub Program is slow this year and at this time we have about 125 orders for $8,548.75 this is less than 2003 which was our worst year.
2. Envirothon - Will be held on May 7, 2004 at the Roger Tory Peterson Institute. We have a couple of new schools this year. We have not received the normal response to donations this year none of the clubs have donated. We have received letters from some of them stating that the no smoking law has reduced their revenues.
3. Legislative Day - Is scheduled for March 29 & 30, 2004. MOTION by Beightol seconded Thompson for staff and directors to attend and to reimburse them for expenses. Carried!
4. State Committee - is moving to a new office building during the month of March.
5. Odor Management Meeting - Rob and I attended this meeting in Mt. Morris on February 9th. Peter Wright was the speaker, they are looking to set a proto-call to document odors so that it will be the same across New York State.
E. District Secretary - Debra Kelley
1. Soil Stewardship Sunday - Will be observed on April 25, 2004, at the First Congregational Church, Jamestown, NY.
District Minutes Page 2.
VI. Old Business
A. Long Range Plan of Work - The board reviewed the Long Range Plan of Work. MOTION by Beightol seconded by Thompson to approve the Long Range Plan of Work.
C. Review Rental Fees - Equipment and Services for 2004, the board reviewed the rates. MOTION by Beightol seconded by Thompson to approve the Fees for Equipment Rental and Services. Carried! See Attached Fee Schedule.
D. NYSACD - Pay Dues - Tabled
E. NACD - Pay Dues - Tabled
F. Contract with the County - The District has not received any appropriations to date.
A. EPF Grant - Conewango Creek Bunk Silo Leachade Management Project, this is a grant written with Cattaraugus County SWCD. We ranked 18th on the list, so we will more than likely get funding.
B. Farm and Garden Show - Will be at the Gold Star Building instead of the Chautauqua Mall this year. It is scheduled for March 6, 7, & 8, 2004.
VIII. RC&D - Larry Brown
A. See Attached
B. Appointment to the Board - MOTION by Thompson seconded by Beightol to ask the County Executive to reappoint the present board members to the board. Carried!
IX. Water Quality
X. Cooperators none
XI. Next Meeting - Thursday, March 25, 2004, 1:00 P.M. at the Frank Bratt Ag Center, Jamestown, NY
MOTION by Beightol seconded by Thompson to adjourn at 1:50 P.M. Carried!
Debra A. Kelley David J. Sturges