CHAUTAUQUA COUNTY SOIL & WATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
Frank W. Bratt Ag Center, Jamestown, NY 14701
District Board of Directors' Regular Meeting
September 23, 2004
I. Meeting Called to Order: 1:00 P.M.
David Sturges - Chairman Debra Kelley - Secretary
Leon Beightol - Treasurer David Wilson - Field Manager
Fred Croscut - Member
Robert Anderson - Member
II. Minutes of The Previous Meeting:
MOTION by Beightol seconded by Croscut to approve the minutes of the August Meeting.Carried.
MOTION by Croscut seconded by Beightol to accept the Treasurer's report and pay current bills. Carried.
A. The following bills were approved for payment:
A. Other Agencies-None
B. Committees - None
C.District Conservationist - Rob Halbohm
1. Program Status
a. EQIP - 6 contracts, $495,474.00 and 4,859 acres
b. AMA - 10 contracts, $60,484.00 and 462.1 acres
2. Implementation - Due to the rain this construction season things have been slow, but we did complete the leach aid collection system at Steve Kimballs. We also have been working at Matt Beckerinks on his two stage manure storage facility.
3. State Grant - We have applied for an Emergency Watershed Protection Grant for the Village of Westfield to do some work in Chautauqua Creek to try and protect their sewer lines.
D. District Field Manager - David Wilson
1. Fall Work Load - There is still work to do ponds, hydro-seeding, dry-hydrants and grass carp pond evaluations. It is getting close to the end of the season, so we are trying to get things cleaned up.
2. District Truck -The showing for truck bids will be on October 18. I will take the truck for the showing and see what the deal will be for a trade.
3. Prendergast Creek Problem - I have been out to Prendergast Creek to look at a stream problem. Jay is meting Pat McGee out there this afternoon to talk about some possible solutions to the problem.
District Minutes Page 2.
4. Cheney’s Point - I received a phone call from Bill Parment regarding a problem at Cheney’s Point, some I went out and met with the representative and made so observations on what is causing the problem and how to fix it.
E. District Secretary - reported by Dave Wilson
1. Trout Stocking - Orders are coming in, delivery has been setup for October 6th.
2. Contribution Agreement with NRCS - Extension of time. MOTION by Croscut seconded by Beightol to extend our agreement with NRCS for secretarial services. Carried!
VI. Old Business
A. Review Policies - The District Policies were reviewed by the board.
B. District Finances & Budget - There are two possibilities we are looking at: One - If we don’t get a cut and we are funded at the same level as last year we will keep Dave Spann then Bryan and Jay will be laid off.
Two - If we get any cut at all we will have to lay off both Dave Spann and Bryan. The only ones left will be Me and Deb possibly Jay in the summer.
C. Health Insurance - MOTION by Croscut seconded by Anderson to dissolve the Municipal Health Insurance Plan. Carried!
MOTION by Anderson seconded by Croscut to join Independent for both the retirees and the employees health insurance coverage. Carried!
A. 2003 Cooperator of the Year - Tabled
B. Joint Annual Banquet - Tabled
C. Frank Finnerty Retirement - Will be October 9th at Vullos Restaurant. MOTION by Croscut seconded by Beightol to give Frank a plaque or something to recognize his service.
IX. Water Quality
X. Cooperators none
XI. Next Meeting - Thursday, October 28, 2004, 1:00 P.M. at the Frank W Bratt Ag Center, Jamestown, NY
MOTION by Beightol seconded by Croscut to adjourn at 2:00 P.M. Carried!
Debra A. Kelley David J. Sturges