CHAUTAUQUA COUNTY SOIL & WATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
Frank W. Bratt Ag Center, Jamestown, NY 14701
District Board of Directors' Regular Meeting
August 25, 2005
I. Meeting Called to Order: 1:10 P.M.
David Sturges - Chairman Debra Kelley - Secretary
Robert Anderson - Director David Wilson - Field Manager
Fred Croscut - Director Rob Halbohm - NRCS
Leon Beightol - Treasurer
II. Minutes of The Previous Meeting:
MOTION by Beightol seconded by Anderson to approve the minutes of the June meeting.Carried.
MOTION by Anderson seconded by Croscut to accept the Treasurer's report and pay current bills. Carried.
A. The following bills were approved for payment:
A. Thank you from the Pennsylvania Dept of Environmental Conservation, for David Wilson participation in the panel discussion.
B. Thank you letter from the Empire State Chapter Of The Soil & Water Conservation Society, for the wine we donated for their annual meeting.
A. Other Agencies
B. District Conservationist - Rob Halbohm
1. Conewango Creek Watershed - There are 4 watershed dams, the responsibility for these dams lies with the commission. The dams are getting older and NRCS has been following up on the inspections and maintenance of the dams. We have had an engineer come and look at the needs of the dam and make some recommendations.
2. Cooperative Working Agreement - Review the cooperative agreement between SWCD and NRCS. See Attached
3. CRP Conservation Plan - James Opeil of Sheridan, 41 acres resigned for 10 years. MOTION by Beightol seconded by Anderson to approve the Conservation Reserve Program Plan. Carried
C. District Field Manager - David Wilson
1. Chautauqua County Fair - The fair is over and we have received our payment for the Ag Awareness Tent.
2. Grant Update - MOTION by Croscut seconded by Anderson to approve the contract with Ag & Markets to do AEM Tier I & II Plans.
District Minutes Page 2.
D. District Secretary - Debra Kelley
1. Archives Grant for SWCD Web Site - MOTION by Beightol seconded by Anderson to approve the grant and to start work on the Archives Grant and attend the related meeting in October. Carried!
2. Administrative Conference - will be held October 5 & 6 in Auburn, NY. MOTION by Croscut seconded by Anderson for Deb to attend the conference and reimburse her expenses. Carried!
VI. Old Business
A. Farmer of the Year - Tabled
B. Ag Days - will be in Sherman on September 15, 2005.
A. Coordinator’s Report - JoAnn Kurtis, RC&D Coordinator: See Attached
B. Next meeting - September 12, 2005 at the Rails to Trails Office in Mayville.
IX. Water Quality
A. Chautauqua Lake Watershed Commission - Mike Wilson was appointed to the Commission and they have started meetings.
X. Cooperators none
XI. Next Meeting - Thursday, September 22, 2005, 1:00 P.M. at the Frank Bratt Ag Center
MOTION by Beightol seconded by Anderson to adjourn at 1:45 P.M. Carried!
Debra A. Kelley David J. Sturges